Bad Beats

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Some of you may be new to poker and are wondering what a Bad Beat is. Well, if you lose a hand holding four eights (8888) or better, that’s a bad beat.

Here's one players story: I was playing in one of my first tournaments, the first prize was a fully paid trip to hawaii and i had made the final table!

It was down to the last 4 players and I looked at my hole cards and found K K.

I made a 2x pot raise and had 1 caller. The flop was an incredible K K A. Trying to not give away my hand I made a medium size bet. The other player came over the top with 2x my bet as a raise.

I thought for a few seconds and made the all in move. The other player instantly called and said " unless you have K K, your drawing dead. With a huge smile I turned over my KK and he showed his AA hole cards. Turn card nothing, but the river card..........was the freakin case A!

I was still excited..I had hit the bad beat (which was 85K at the time!), but they quickly told me bad beat jackpot does not play during a tournament. So i did lose all my chips!

I have never had a bad beat hand since!

Posts Relacionados

0 comments: